Real Estate And Land Use Lawyers
Most property transactions are consummated without any problems. But when things go wrong, they can really go wrong. Consulting a real estate attorney on the front end can prevent many conflicts, and early legal intervention in disputes can help protect your investment and limit the expense, time and headaches.
The law office of Burns & Hansen, P.A., provides comprehensive counsel and representation for residential and commercial property transactions, land use and litigation. Serving Minneapolis, the Twin Cities area and statewide Minnesota, we protect the interests of owners, buyers, sellers, commercial and residential landlords, commercial tenants, developers and lenders.
Minnesota landlords have in recent years encountered especially complicated situations with tenants, particularly with regard to evictions. COVID and related issues have posed difficult challenges that our firm is ready to address in a practical, forward-thinking manner that protects landlords’ interests now and in the future. If you have questions or concerns about landlord-tenant issues in Minnesota, do not hesitate to call us at 952-232-5991.
A Full-Service Real Estate Law Practice
Founding attorney Patrick Burns devotes a substantial part of his practice to real estate law. Our firm routinely handles:
- Commercial real estate: Defend your interests in costly and complicated commercial real estate transactions
- Residential transactions: Ensure the purchase or sale of your property goes as smoothly as possible
- Representing landlords with tenant issues: Protect your rights as a landlord, while following state and federal eviction laws
- Mortgage and foreclosure law: Work with our attorneys to come up with a fair resolution to your mortgage issues
- Land use and zoning: Use your property how you’d like to use it, and receive guidance backed by experience in land use and zoning law
- Condemnation and adverse possession: Protect your constitutional property rights and receive rightful compensation when your property is seized
- Real estate litigation: Resolve property and real estate disputes efficiently while protecting your own best interests
- Homeowners association law: Receive quality legal guidance when your HOA board encounters a legal issue
Whether buying, selling, renting or developing property, the parties on each side have certain rights and obligations. A wrong move or overlooked detail can expose you to financial liability and legal action. We work closely with clients to review real estate contracts and financial terms to avoid legal trouble. We are aggressive in initiating action or defending against adverse claims and maneuvers.
At Burns & Hansen, P.A., you have direct access to a seasoned trial lawyer who understands Minnesota’s real estate law. Don’t let a disagreement become an expensive legal problem. Call our Minneapolis office today at 952-232-5991 or contact us online. We offer a free initial discussion, and we return calls promptly.
Real Estate Articles:
- Troubleshooting tips for buying or selling a home
- Fair housing law for landlords: How to steer clear of discrimination
- Jurisdiction in Minnesota for Out of State Developers
- Court Upholds Design-Build Best-Value Selection Process for 35W Bridge
- Before Signing a Rental Agreement, Be Sure to Know Your Rights
- Use of Condemnation for Twin Cities Central Corridor Project Raises Concerns
- Defining Predatory Lending and Equity Stripping in Minnesota
- Minnesota Court Decision Leaves Construction Company Unpaid for Completed Work
- A Review of Common Types of Commercial Leases and Lease Terms
- Mortgage Modification in the Foreclosure Crisis
- When Reverse Mortgages Fail to Protect Homeowners From Foreclosure
- Lawsuits Expose Holes in the Legality of Home-Foreclosure Proceedings
- Minnesota Case Examines Impact of Land Zoning on Property Values
- Vacation Home Transfers as a Way to Help Build a Personal Legacy
- Property Rights at Issue in Minnesota Rental Inspection Case
- Non-compete Clauses, Confidentiality and Capitalism
- Wrongful Foreclosure in Minnesota: Is Compensation Available?
- Solomonic Solutions Scarce in Minnesota Annexation Dispute
- Things to consider when purchasing a franchise
- Minnesota real estate market expected to improve in 2013
- MN real estate company skirts wetlands law, agrees to pay 400k in violations
- A recent lawsuit may affect how we buy and sell real estate in Minnesota
- Minnesota winters can be a good time for real estate transactions. Really!
- New Minnesota law requires radon disclosures for all home sales
- Minn. landlord-tenant law: the implied covenant of habitability
- Consider whether to lease or buy commercial space for your business
- Get legal advice when facing the complexity of Minnesota mechanic’s liens
- Potential legal remedies in a Minnesota property boundary dispute
- Tenants cry “foul” after apartment updates make units unaffordable
- Fight over Melrose church hit by arson has divided local Catholics
- Peavey Plaza Reopens On Nicollet Mall After Year-Long Renovation