Our law firm is committed to providing knowledgeable legal counsel across a broad range of practice areas. Whether you are involved in a civil dispute, require assistance planning your estate, have business law questions, or require guidance in a real estate manner, our attorneys will give you excellent counsel.
The articles below reflect some of our most prominent areas of focus. If you have questions regarding them, do not hesitate to reach out to our legal team.
Our firm provides legal counsel throughout the business lifecycle, from entity formation to routine legal matters to reorganization and dissolution.
- Business Dissolution: What Must Owners Consider?
- Avoiding Acrimony: Resolving Internal Business Disputes Without Rancor
- COVID Contract Default And Defenses To Consider
- University of Minnesota Settles SweeTango Apple Lawsuit
- Hansen Wins Long Fight in Minnesota Supreme Court
- Two Minneapolis Police Officers Face Retaliation for Doing Their Jobs
We provide comprehensive services to individuals who are planning for the future of their own estates or administering a loved one’s estate.
- What to Know About Estate Planning
- Problems Handling Money May be an Early Clue Due to Dementia
- Making Wishes Known Through Living Wills and Health Care Proxies
- Why You Should Consider Comprehensive Estate Planning
- Estate Planning As an Ongoing Process for Strategic Decisions
A solid legal strategy can allow you to reorganize or even eliminate many kinds of debt, giving you a much-needed fresh start.
- The Affordable Care Act and Medical Debt
- Surrendering a Home in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Making Homeownership a Reality After Bankruptcy
- FTC targets companies offering false hope of foreclosure relief
- Foreclosure Proceedings Taking Longer Than Ever
- Filing a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Can Halt Foreclosures and More
- Debt Collectors Should Stay Out of Social Media Space
- Bankruptcy Trustee Using “Clawback” Lawsuits in Petters Case
We give wide-ranging legal advice for both commercial and residential real estate needs.
- Tenants cry “foul” after apartment updates make units unaffordable
- Potential legal remedies in a Minnesota property boundary dispute
- Get legal advice when facing complexity of Minnesota mechanic’s liens
- Fair housing law for landlords: How to steer clear of discrimination
- Consider whether to lease or buy commercial space for your business
- Troubleshooting tips for buying or selling a home
- Minn. landlord-tenant law: the implied covenant of habitability
- New Minnesota law requires radon disclosures for all home sales
- Minnesota winters can be good time for real estate transactions. Really!
- A recent lawsuit may affect how we buy and sell real estate in Minnesota
- MN real estate company skirts wetlands law, agrees to pay 400k in violations
- Minnesota real estate market expected to improve in 2013
- Things to consider when purchasing a franchise
- Solomonic Solutions Scarce in Minnesota Annexation Dispute
- Wrongful Foreclosure in Minnesota: Is Compensation Available?
- Non-compete Clauses, Confidentiality and Capitalism
- Property Rights at Issue in Minnesota Rental Inspection Case
- Vacation Home Transfers as a Way to Help Build a Personal Legacy
- Minnesota Case Examines Impact of Land Zoning on Property Values
- Lawsuits Expose Holes in the Legality of Home-Foreclosure Proceedings
- When Reverse Mortgages Fail to Protect Homeowners From Foreclosure
- Mortgage Modification in the Foreclosure Crisis
- A Review of Common Types of Commercial Leases and Lease Terms
- Minnesota Court Decision Leaves Construction Company Unpaid for Completed Work
- Defining Predatory Lending and Equity Stripping in Minnesota
- Use of Condemnation for Twin Cities Central Corridor Project Raises Concerns
- Before Signing a Rental Agreement, Be Sure to Know Your Rights
- Court Upholds Design-Build Best-Value Selection Process for 35W Bridge
- Jurisdiction in Minnesota for Out of State Developers
We help families with divorce, child custody and other sensitive matters.
- As Domestic Turmoil Surges from the Covid-19 Crisis, Minnesota Courts Continue to Address Emergency Family Matters
Our Firm In The News:
We are frequently involved in noteworthy legal matters.
- Minneapolis-Area Attorney And Court Of Appeals Chief Judge Make CLE Presentation
- Patrick Burns Interviewed By Pioneer Press On Bankruptcy Filings In Minnesota
- Twin Cities Attorney Erik F Hansen Named To Rising Stars List In 2011 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Fight over Melrose church hit by arson has divided local Catholics
- Peavey Plaza Reopens On Nicollet Mall After Year Long Renovation