Our Civil Litigation Practice
Whether you are asserting your rights or being sued, the civil litigation attorneys of Burns & Hansen, P.A., strive to put you in the best position to protect your interests. We work closely with clients to negotiate a practical resolution or fiercely represent them in court.
We have handled the spectrum of civil disputes and lawsuits, representing individuals, businesses and nonprofit entities. Our West Metro firm takes cases in Minneapolis, across the Twin Cities and throughout Minnesota, the nation, and the world. Contact us today to explore your rights and remedies in a free initial discussion.
Solutions And Strength In Civil Litigation
We provide plaintiff or defense representation in state and federal courts, but often resolve conflicts without filing a lawsuit and staking everything on a trial. Clients have direct access to accomplished trial lawyers with deep and diverse civil litigation experience:
- Breach of contract: Take legal action when someone does not follow through with their end of a deal, or defend your rights in a breach of contract claim.
- Tort claims: We offer knowledgeable representation in cases involving unfair competition, consumer fraud, misrepresentation and other tort claims.
- Professional malpractice: Lawyers, doctors, dentists and other professionals should be held accountable for serious mistakes that result from their negligence.
- Employment litigation: We have represented both employers and employees in conflicts involving discrimination, harassment, compensation, termination and more.
- Real estate and construction disputes: Disputes involving property can be particularly costly. We can protect your rights and work toward a practical resolution.
- Bankruptcy litigation: Businesses and creditors have every right to put their own best interests first when one of their debtors declares bankruptcy.
- Business disputes: Conflicts within and between businesses can seriously impact your organization’s bottom line. We will work toward an efficient solution.
- Complex or multidistrict litigation (MDL): MDL proceedings allow you to potentially save time and money by consolidating multiple cases involving similar issues.
- Intellectual property litigation: Intellectual property forms the cornerstone of many businesses. We will fight to protect your concepts, ideas and designs.
- Homeowners association disputes: We have advised a number of HOAs in the Twin Cities area and across Minnesota, and provide knowledgeable guidance during HOA disputes.
Trial Advocacy And Alternative Dispute Resolution
We will sit down with you to discuss your desired outcome and your legal options. Are you seeking monetary damages? A court injunction to stop the other party? A judgment declaring you are in the right? Do you want this issue to go away quietly, or are you prepared to fight it out before a judge and jury?
Burns & Hansen, P.A., can negotiate on your behalf with the other party, advise you in mediation or arbitration, or stand up for you in contested court proceedings. We also handle appeals of adverse rulings or verdicts. You can count on us for realistic expectations about the expense and likely outcome, but we will vigorously pursue whatever course of action you choose.
Call our Minneapolis civil litigation attorneys at Burns & Hansen, P.A. or contact us online to arrange a free initial discussion. We represent clients in the Twin Cities and throughout Minnesota.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.