Banking Law And Financial Litigation Lawyers
For a smaller bank, every loan default or legal matter is magnified. The law firm of Burns & Hansen, P.A., provides cost-effective banking law counsel in drafting and reviewing loan documents to minimize the lender’s risk.
Based in Minneapolis, we represent small banks, community banks and credit unions in Minneapolis, the Twin Cities and statewide Minnesota. We also advise private equity groups in the financing of projects that might not qualify for a traditional bank loan.
Comprehensive Banking And Finance Representation
Our practice in banking law covers the spectrum from customized lending transactions and troubled loans to regulatory compliance and general governance:
- We can draft any loan documents, including residential and commercial mortgages, promissory notes, personal guarantees and third-party pledges of collateral. We provide sophisticated solutions when “cookie-cutter” forms are not readily adaptable.
- We can help coordinate lending agreements and protect our clients’ interests when participating with other banks on big projects.
- We can draft documents or advice on legal requirements in foreclosures, short sales, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or other arrangements to recover collateralized property in secured loans.
- We can counsel small banks in terms and conditions of loan workouts, including federally sanctioned loan modification programs.
- We can advise on opening a new branch, employment law issues, director and officer liability, and all other business of banking.
Burns & Hansen, P.A., is an established, full-service law firm built on a model of direct access to experienced trial lawyers. We have extensive civil trial experience in state and federal courts, including U.S. Bankruptcy Court, in the event that your financial institution must initiate legal action or defend against litigation.
Call 952-219-7897 or contact us online to arrange a free initial discussion with our experienced banking law attorneys.