Real Estate Attorneys For Residential Transactions
Buying a home is a major investment. Selling a home or condominium has its perils. Hiring an attorney to review the contract or guide you through a residential property transaction is wise insurance, especially if you expect any wrinkle in the process.
The law firm of Burns & Hansen, P.A., advises home buyers and sellers in residential real estate actions in Minneapolis, throughout the Twin Cities and beyond. Our lawyers have handled hundreds of closings of single-family homes, townhomes and condos. Arrange a free initial discussion today.
Do I Need An Attorney To Buy Or Sell A Home?
Many people buy homes without a lawyer and without trouble. But there are many possible pitfalls, and they are much more complicated and expensive to fix after the fact. Do you understand the terms of your residential transaction? Will you be on the hook if the deal falls through? Is the other party playing by the rules?
Founding attorney Patrick Burns has deep knowledge of Minnesota real estate law. His role is to identify potential conflicts on the front end, assist with any hiccups in the process and aggressively protect your interests in any disputes after the deal is consummated. We can negotiate the purchase agreement or simply review it, and attend your closing to address any last-minute legal issues.
It’s a good idea to consult a lawyer for any residential transaction. But in particular, you may need an attorney’s advice or representation for:
- Sales contingent on the buyer selling an existing home
- FSBO (for sale by owner) transactions
- Buying a home by contract for deed (or canceling the contract)
- Buying a short sale or bank-owned property
- Buying a rental property such as a duplex
- Contracting with a home builder for new construction
- Selling or renting a townhouse or condo unit (homeowners associations often have restrictions)
- Retrieving earnest money or down payments
- Title search and title insurance
- Seller disclosures required by law
Call our Minneapolis law office at 952-219-7897 for a free initial discussion about your pending residential transaction. We return calls promptly and offer reasonable rates for protecting your investment.