Patent, Copyright And Trademark Protection
You have some inherent rights to a product or technology you developed, to a service you provide or to your unique branding. But to truly protect your intellectual property and to sell or license it to other parties, requires further steps.
The law firm of Burns & Hansen, P.A., provides sophisticated counsel in patent protection, trademark litigation and copyright law. We have helped companies and individuals in Minneapolis, across the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota establish and enforce their rights. Arrange a free initial discussion today. Call 952-219-7897.
Comprehensive Intellectual Property Protection Representation
Our attorneys have the experience that you need in the legal aspects of patent, trademark, and copyright law:
- Drafting applications for utility, provisional, and design patents
- Claiming small-entity or micro-entity status to minimize filing fees
- Responding to office actions from the Patent and Trademark Office
- Using provisional and continuing applications to maximize the duration of your patent
- Considering trade secret protection as an alternative to a patent application
- Generating revenue by soliciting licenses for issued patents
- Perfecting copyrights to published material, software and other properties
- Registering trademarks and service marks
- Licensing agreements
- Third-party and end-user agreements, as in software licensing
- Franchise agreements
- Patent filings (but not patent prosecutions)
- Enforcement actions and litigation
We can guide you through each stage of the patent application process, explaining how your invention may be broader than you had anticipated and help you draft claims to maximize protection while minimizing the chances that the Patent and Trademark Office rejects your application.
Our attorneys also have experience in drafting and enforcing employee agreements (noncompete/nondisclosure) to protect trade secrets.
Intellectual Property Infringement
We represent plaintiffs or defendants in copyright infringement, trademark litigation, licensing disputes and restrictive covenant/trade secrets litigation. A cease and desist demand from your legal counsel may be effective, but our aggressive trial lawyers will pursue all remedies, including injunctions and lawsuits for damages.
Our law firm’s comprehensive abilities include business formation, contract law, employment law, civil litigation and appeals. In addition to copyright and trademark litigation, we can help you maximize the business potential of your intellectual property.
Keywords: patent, patents, trademark, PTO, USPTO, trade secret, the patent office