Twin Cities FMLA And Employment Discrimination Attorneys
Employment law is a sticky wicket. Employers and employees each have rights and obligations, but there are always gray areas. The law firm of Burns & Hansen, P.A., provides knowledgeable counsel to navigate the law, prevent conflicts and protect our clients’ interests when disputes arise.
We counsel employers or employees in all facets of the employer-employee relationship, under Minnesota employment law and corresponding federal legislation. We serve businesses and individual workers in Minneapolis, the greater Twin Cities area and statewide. Arrange a free initial discussion to discuss your legal issue. Call 952-219-7897.
Experienced Employment Lawyers
Our employment law practice covers every aspect, from new hires and compensation to workplace treatment and separation:
- Employment contracts and policies: We help businesses institute policies and negotiate agreements with the goal of avoiding conflicts and limiting liability and expense in disputes. This includes employee agreements, compensation, FMLA and ADA compliance, labor law and a process for responding to claims of actionable mistreatment.
- Hiring, discipline and termination: Employers must tread lightly in hiring practices or dealing with a problem employee, especially if that worker is a member of a protected class. We advise clients on the proper steps to address employee issues without inviting a lawsuit.
- Employment litigation: We defend businesses or represent employees and executives in disputes and lawsuits involving sexual harassment or discrimination, wrongful discharge, severance, wage and hour laws, restrictive covenants and other matters.
- Noncompete agreements: A well-drafted noncompete agreement can protect your rights, but it needs to be written correctly to avoid conflicts in the future.
- Severance agreements: We offer trusted advice and help employers draft severance agreements that are enforceable, strategic and fully legal.
- Whistleblower cases: Whistleblowers hold businesses accountable for unlawful activity, but without proper protection they may be subject to retaliation or other punitive measures.
Our employment law attorneys are also well-versed in business law. We understand that litigation can adversely affect the company’s bottom line and goodwill in the community as well as the reputation or career of owners, executives and employees. Our aim is to resolve conflicts as efficiently and discreetly as possible and to help clients make changes to prevent future problems.
Call our Minneapolis law office today at 952-219-7897 for a free initial discussion. You can also reach us online.