- Family Law
Chantell Bergquist is an associate attorney at Burns and Hansen and focuses on family law, estate planning, probate and mass torts litigation.
At a young age, Chantell knew that she wanted to become an attorney because she saw the need for empathic attorneys, not the robotic kind of attorneys people generally picture. Before graduating from Bemidji State University, Chantell was already attending Mitchell Hamline School of Law so she could take the fast track into practicing family law. Chantell is also a published author in Mitchell Hamline's Law Review. She is thoughtful and meticulous, leaving no stone unturned as she maneuvers through the case toward her client's goals.
Chantell has worked on family law cases pro bono to ensure equal access to the justice system; she has also worked in civil law at the Dakota County Attorney's Office and Minneapolis City Attorney's Office. Prior to practicing family law, Ms. Bergquist worked in mass tort litigation, honing her trial and discovery skills.
Chantell was born and raised in Alexandria, Minnesota and is now residing in Lake Elmo with her German Shepherd, Lambeau. They spend a lot of time at dog parks and going on long walks and cheering on the Packers: don't hold that against her.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2021
- Honors: cum laude
- Bemidji State University, Bemidji, Minnesota
- B.S. - 2019
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Political Science, Pre-Law Emphasis
- Minnesota, 2021
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2021
- Minneapolis City Attorney's Office-Criminal Division, 2019 to 2020
- Mitchell Hamline Self-Help Clinic, 2018 to 2019
- Groshek Law, P.A., Associate Attorney, 2022 to 2022
- Law Office of Charles H. Johnson, Associate Attorney, 2021 to 2022
- Virtual Hearings and Blockchain Technology , Mitchell Hamline Law Review , 3, 2021
- Solutions in Criminal Law
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney