Minnesota Property Law Lawyers
The law firm of Burns & Hansen, P.A. offers savvy and aggressive representation for any litigation involving real estate and property rights. We always explore out-of-court resolutions to resolve disputes quickly and limit costs, but when you are in for a fight, our experienced litigators are ready and able to go the distance.
We have represented homeowners and homeowner associations, developers and construction companies, landlords, tenants and banks in every type of real estate litigation. Based in St. Louis Park, we serve clients in Minneapolis, the greater Twin Cities and statewide Minnesota.
Real Estate Litigation in Minnesota
At Burns & Hansen, P.A., you have direct access to proven trial lawyers with substantial experience in real estate law, land use and construction. One of our most experienced lawyers — Patrick Burns, Bart Gernander or Erik Hansen — will be personally involved in your case from beginning to end.
Our real estate litigation practice covers the spectrum:
- Commercial and residential transactions (breach of contract, earnest money and escrow, fraud and misrepresentation)
- Commercial lease disputes
- Land use and zoning disputes with government entities
- Mechanic's liens for non-payment in construction projects
- Construction defect lawsuits
- Foreclosure defense (homeowner or commercial)
- Eviction and landlord-tenant disputes
- Title insurance coverage disputes
- Condemnation or adverse possession
- Property disputes (encroachment, nuisance, boundary line disputes, easements)
Property Law Is a Special Focus of Our Firm
Our attorneys are highly versed in state law and local and county ordinances pertaining to property rights, property transactions, construction contracts, mortgage law, and the rights and obligations of landlords and tenants. We also have a niche focus in homeowner association law, representing HOA associations in legal conflicts. We practice regularly in all state and federal courts of Minnesota, including appeals of civil judgments and verdicts or government entity decisions.
We are confident that we can protect your interests in court or strengthen your position in negotiations (including mediation or arbitration) to resolve your real estate dispute. Call us at 952-232-5991 or 866-291-4854 to schedule a free initial discussion, or contact us online.