Strong Advocacy | Personalized Service | Real Solutions

Filing Bankruptcy And Keep Your House

It is one of the greatest myths that credit card companies want you to believe: that you will lose your house if you file bankruptcy. The truth is, there are provisions in the federal and Minnesota Bankruptcy Code that allow you “reaffirm” your intention to continue your house payments. By filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 personal bankruptcy, you can avoid foreclosure.

Free Initial Discussion • Avoid Foreclosure • Stop Collections Calls Immediately

The attorneys at Burns & Hansen, P.A., are ready to show you how you can protect your home, car and other personal assets through the bankruptcy process. We have helped many individuals and families find relief from their high burden of debt. Contact us to discuss your options for staying in your house, even if you file bankruptcy.

We can help you:

  • Avoid foreclosure: It is never too late. Even if you file the day before your foreclosure goes to final disposition, filing personal bankruptcy will stop the process.
  • Modify your mortgage: We are experienced negotiators who work hard on your behalf, not the banks. If bankruptcy is not the right option for you, we can often find a way to negotiate terms of a home loan workout your family can afford.
  • Remove your second mortgage: If adding a second or third mortgage to your original home loan has driven up the monthly payment too much, we can help you remove mortgage liens and strip the refinancing off the mortgage through selective application of the Bankruptcy Code.

Before you consider going to a loan modification company, know what you are getting into. A personal attorney is legally and ethically required to represent your best interests. Talk to us about your financial situation. Our lawyers will work to help you keep your house. Contact us online today or call 952-219-7897. From our offices in Minneapolis, we represent individuals and families throughout Minnesota.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.