- Foreclosure and Alternatives
Martin C. Melang heads the bankruptcy practice at Burns & Hansen, P.A.. Mr. Melang focuses his practice on helping clients with their financial needs and assisting them in overcoming economic challenges. In addition to working with clients on bankruptcy, Mr. Melang consults with his clients on wealth management.
During his tenure with Burns & Hansen, P.A., Mr. Melang has worked to successfully discharge the debt of hundreds of clients. He also has had extensive experience in negotiating outstanding bankruptcy issues with the United States Trustee's Office as well as with individual case trustees.
Melang graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2003, after completing his Bachelors of Arts degree at Saint Olaf College. During law school, Melang worked at the Office of the State of Nebraska Attorney General. He is licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts in Minnesota.
Mr. Melang was born in northern Minnesota, but grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska. He enjoys politics and music, and is an avid follower of the University of Nebraska's sports programs.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 2003
- Saint Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Political Science and Psychology
- Minnesota, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2008
Classes & Seminars
- Conducting Effective Westlaw Research, Florida Guardian ad Litem Program, 2007