Martin C. Melang
- Foreclosure and Alternatives
Martin Melang’s diverse background and experience provide him an advantage in understanding all aspects of civil litigation, including creditor/debtor law and Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy. Since joining Burns & Hansen, Marty has handled and assisted hundreds of cases across the spectrum of law in state and federal Courts. These cases include real estate, employment, and business disputes. He also regularly assists clients with their financial needs and helps them overcome economic challenges.
Marty graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2003, after completing his Bachelors of Arts degree at Saint Olaf College. During law school, Marty worked at the Office of the State of Nebraska Attorney General. He is licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts in Minnesota.
Marty was born in northern Minnesota, but grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska. He spends his time outside of work with his wife and three children, and enjoys politics and music. Marty is an avid follower of the University of Nebraska's sports programs.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 2003
- Saint Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Political Science and Psychology
- Minnesota, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2008
Classes & Seminars
- Conducting Effective Westlaw Research, Florida Guardian ad Litem Program, 2007